In today’s time, Everyone always remains in a hurry and especially when we are talking about the internet nobody wants to wait for websites to open. Many times, we face the problem of slow Internet speed that actually brings the frustration. So, If you are facing the same problem or you are looking for the solution then you are at right place. Yes, you can increase broadband speed on your Windows computer just by tweaking some settings. So, In this article, I will show you how you can increase broadband speed in your Windows Computer. Just follow the steps mentioned below
Reservable Bandwidth is the small amount of bandwidth which is reserved by your computer. By default, it is 20 percent of the total bandwidth available. So We can use this reserved bandwidth in order to increase the internet speed. For that, we need to change this reserved limit from 20 percent to 0 percent.
NOTE: This feature is not available for the users of basic Windows versions like Home, Premium etc. This feature is available only in Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise Editions.
Steps to Change Reservable Bandwidth
- Open the Run Option by pressing the Windows key +R
- Type gpedit.msc and hit ok. It will open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Go to Local Computer Policy
- Extend Administrative Templates from Computer Configuration (not from User Configuration) by clicking on the little arrow.
- Under Administrative Templates, extend Network.
- Under Network, select QoS Packets Scheduler.
- Limit Reservable Bandwith should be at the right side of the window. Double click on that to open it.
- By Default, the radio button is on not configured. Change it to enabled.
- In the Options Section, set Bandwidth limit (%) to 0.
- Press Apply and ok to change the settings.
Using Google Public DNS to Increase Broadband Speed
You can also make use of the Google Public DNS in order to make your internet runs faster. Google has its free Public DNS which anyone can use. DNS address of google is 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. So you can use Google’s DNS Service to Increase Broadband Speed.
Steps to change DNS Settings
- Open the Run Options again by pressing Windows key + R
- Type ncpa.cpl and hit enter
- Choose Your Network Connection
- Right Click and choose Properties
- In Properties highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click on Properties
- Enable the option Use The Following DNS Server Addresses in the general tab.
- Enter 184.108.40.206 as Preferred DNS Server Address, and 220.127.116.11 as Alternate DNS Server Address and press Ok to save settings.
- Open Command Prompt by typing CMD in Run Box.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns in command prompt and hit enter.
So, Just by following the above-mentioned steps you can increase your internet broadband speed than before. I hope this article helps you to increase your broadband speed. If you know any other tip or trick you can mention it in the comment section below. If you like it then please share it with your friends and follow us on facebook, twitter, Google+ and Linkedin. Also, subscribe to our Newsletter so that you will receive all the latest articles directly in your inbox.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.