NoFollow and DoFollow Links
Definition and Syntax
- Nofollow Links
Nofollow Links are the links which doesn’t allow search engines bots to index the links. It means search engines bots can’t index your links if they find nofollow tags with your links. Only humans can follow the links. Nofollow Links are used to hide the website link from the search engines.
<a href=”https://www.google.com“ ref=”nofollow”>Google</a>
- Dofollow Links
Dofollow links are the links which allows search engines bots to index the links. It means, search engine bots can index the links if they find Dofollow tags with your links. Both humans and search engines bots can follow the links. You can use dofollow links to provide backlinks to the high authority site that provides High Quality and unique content in the same niche or your targeted keywords.
When and Where to use Nofollow and Dofollow Links?
Nofollow Links Use:
Nofollow Links are used when you use links from any website of low online reputation or low quality content or some sales or affiliates websites. For such websites, we need to use nofollow links, so that Serach Engines Won’t index such low quality links from our website. Otherwise it will decrease your ranking. Here are some points to remember while deciding when and where to use Nofollow tags.
- Always use Nofollow tags with sponsored ads.
- Also, Use Nofollow Tags with Affiliate links.
- Use Nofollow Tag with the websites which are not of your niche.
- Use Nofollow Tag to the websites of low quality content.
- Always use Nofollow tag to the websites like porn, gambling, casino, hacking.
Dofollow Link Use:
Dofollow Links are very useful when we allow search engine bots to index to our website or post links. We should use dofollow links to high quality websites. Here are some points where you can use Dofollow Links:
- Always Use Dofollow links to high quality websites like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Quora etc
- Use Dofollow links to the high authority websites in your niche. For Example: if you have any travelling website or blog then you can provide a dofollow link to high authority website like MakeMyTrip, Expedia etc
- You can also add Dofollow links on the posts which provide original and high quality content.
I believe now you understand the basic difference between Nofollow and Dofollow Links and when and where to use them. Nofollow and Dofollow Links play a very important role in SEO. Now You can build your own link building strategies and with the proper use of Nofollow and Dofollow links, you can increase your SEO and online presence in search engines results.
If you have any question related to this article, don’t hesitate and ask in the comment section below.
If you like this article then share it with your friends on social media and also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Subscribe Our YouTube Channel. You can also subscribe to our newsletter so that you will get all the latest updates directly in your inbox.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.