One of the most common problems with the computer is your C Drive is running out of memory. This is because whenever you install any new program on your computer, It is by default installed in your C Drive in a folder named Program Files. Most of the times our C Drive contains very limited space. So, If you install too many programs or games, There is a possibility that your C drive may run out of memory. So, In order to overcome this difficulty, you can Install new programs in any other drive. In this tutorial, I will show you How to change the default directory of Programs Installation in Windows Computer.
Steps to change the default directory of Programs Installation in Windows Computer.
- Open Run Box (Windows +R)
- Type Regedit and hit Enter
- Open Folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Under that open folder SOFTWARE
- Under that open folder Microsoft
- Then Open Windows and Current Version
- In CurrentVersion Folder, you’ll find an option of ProgramFilesDir
- Double click on that to open the same.
- Here you will find the value of the option.
- Change the Value to your desired location.
You can also watch our Video Tutorial for the same just below:
If you have any questions or suggestions, then please do write in the comment section below.
Also, Don’t forget to like, follow and Subscribe us on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. You can also subscribe to our mailing lists so that you can get all the latest updates directly in your inbox.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.