Windows Junk Files Which You Can Safely CleanSo, here is the Introduction to all the types of junk files present on your Windows computer. So, when it’s time to clean the system, you should aware of all types of files which you can remove safely.
Recycle Bin Files
Temporary Files Windows
Previous Windows Installation Files
Temporary Internet Files
How to Remove Junk Files on Windows Computer
In order to remove junk files from your computer, you can either use Windows Disk Cleanup or you can use third-party software like CCleaner. Windows Disk Cleanup is a pre-install disk cleanup utility which is available in all version of Windows like Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10. Both software is equally efficient. However, there are a few differences between both.
- In Windows Disk clean up you need to run scans manually whereas, in CCleaner, it automatically scans your computer for junk files at a regular interval of time.
- Windows Disk Cleanup doesn't scan third-party browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Windows Disk Cleanup only does the basic cleanup of the drive whereas CCleaner cleans the deep areas of your windows.
- Windows Disk Cleanup also not able to fix registry problems whereas CCleaner fixes all registry errors efficiently.
How to use Windows Disk Cleanup Utility
Windows Disk Cleanup Utility is an inbuilt utility for cleaning junk files. Follow the steps below to access it.
- Open the Run Box by pressing Windows Key + R
- Type 'cleanmgr' in the run box and click OK.
- Select the drive which you want to clean up. Select C Drive.
- It scans and shows you a detailed view of all junk files.
- Choose the files which you want to clean up.
- Click the OK button to remove junk files.
Cleaning all the junk files from the computer, you not only free up some space on your computer but also increase the speed and overall performance of the computer.